LTI Integration for Other LMSs - Using Import
Go to Course Items → Export, select the items you want to export, select your LMS,
and Download the Export Cartridge. The cartridge is an IMS Common Cartridge format.
Import the cartridge into your LMS. If your school has a global key and secret setup, skip ahead.
Otherwise, you'll likely need to configure the LTI connection by providing the key and secret, which
can be found on the Course Settings page.
Next you will need to establish the connection between your XYZ Homework course and LMS course
- In your LMS, click one of the assessment links in your course.
- If this is your first time using this key and secret, XYZ Homework will
ask you, the teacher, to sign into your XYZ Homework account. This is necessary to
establish a connection between your LMS account and your XYZ Homework account.
You will not need to do this step again.
- Follow the prompts to associate the LMS course with your existing XYZ Homework course
or create a copy.
- Once complete, all the LTI links in your LMS should work.
- Be aware:
- Links, files, forums, and and text items were imported into your LMS. Changing
them in XYZ Homework will not change them in your LMS
- If you change assessment settings or the questions in an assessment in XYZ Homework,
those changes will show up when the assessment is launched from the LMS
- If you change due dates in XYZ Homework, they will be enforced by XYZ Homework, but the due dates
in the LMS will not automatically be updated.
- Any new items added in XYZ Homework, including new assessments, will not
automatically show up in the LMS; you would need to repeat the export/import process.
- If configured, grades will be sent from XYZ Homework to the LMS immediately
every time the student completes a question, but the LMS may delay updating the grade.