Go to Course Items → Export, select the items you want to export, select your LMS,
and Download the Export Cartridge
To import the cartridge in Moodle:
- Under Course Administration (in some versions, the big gear icon in the upper right), select Restore.
- Choose the export file and select Restore.
- Follow the prompts to import the content.
- Turn on editing for your course.
- For one of the assessment, use the Edit dropdown and select Edit Settings.
- If the Launch URL does not display the warning Tool configuration not found for this URL,
then you must have an existing key and secret set up, and can skip ahead.
If you do see that warning, then follow these steps.
- Click the + sign located directly after the External tool type pulldown (in some versions, this is labeled Preconfigured Tool)
- Give the tool a name, like XYZ Homework
- For Tool base URL enter the address shown on the Export page
- For Consumer Key, enter the Key listed in the Export screen in your XYZ Homework course.
- For Shared Secret enter the secret you set up in your Course Settings
- Under Privacy, it is recommended to set all options to Always, but it is fine to leave it as Delegate to teacher instead.
- Save changes
- The Launch URL should now indicate Using tool configuration XYZ Homework. Click Save.
Next you will need to establish the connection between your XYZ Homework course and Moodle course
- In Moodle, click one of the assessment links in your course.
- If this is your first time using this key and secret, XYZ Homework will
ask you, the teacher, to sign into your XYZ Homework account. This is necessary to
establish a connection between your LMS account and your XYZ Homework account.
You will not need to do this step again.
- Follow the prompts to associate the LMS course with your existing XYZ Homework course
or create a copy.
- Once complete, all the LTI links in your LMS should work.
- Be aware:
- LTI assessments may not show in the gradebook columns until a student started working on an assignment.
- Links, files, forums, and and text items were imported into your LMS. Changing
them in XYZ Homework will not change them in your LMS
- If you change assessment settings or the questions in an assessment in XYZ Homework,
those changes will show up when the assessment is launched from the LMS
- If you change due dates in XYZ Homework, they will be enforced by XYZ Homework, but the due dates
in the LMS will not automatically be updated.
- Any new items added in XYZ Homework, including new assessments, will not
automatically show up in the LMS; you would need to repeat the export/import process.
- If configured, grades will be sent from XYZ Homework to the LMS immediately
every time the student completes a question, but the LMS may delay updating the grade.