Canvas Integration - Using Import
Go to Course Items → Export, select the items you want to export, select your LMS,
and Download the Export Cartridge
To import the cartridge in Canvas:
- Go to Settings, then Import Course Content
- For Content Type, select Canvas Course Export Package.
Select the export file from your computer,
and select All Content. Click Import.
- If you have a global college-wide key and secret, you do not need to set
up a course-level configuration. If you need to set up a course level
configuration, in your Canvas course:
- Go to Settings, then Apps, then View App Configurations
- Locate for the XYZ Homework App. Use the gear icon dropdown to select Edit
- For the Consumer Key, enter the Key listed in the Export screen in your XYZ Homework course.
- For Shared Secret enter the secret you set up in your Course Settings
- Click Submit
Next you will need to establish the connection between your XYZ Homework course and Canvas course
- In Canvas, click one of the assessment links in your course.
- If this is your first time using this key and secret, XYZ Homework will
ask you, the teacher, to sign into your XYZ Homework account. This is necessary to
establish a connection between your LMS account and your XYZ Homework account.
You will not need to do this step again.
- Follow the prompts to associate the LMS course with your existing XYZ Homework course
or create a copy.
- Once complete, all the LTI links in your LMS should work.
- Be aware:
- Links, files, forums, and and text items were imported into your LMS. Changing
them in XYZ Homework will not change them in your LMS
- If you change assessment settings or the questions in an assessment in XYZ Homework,
those changes will show up when the assessment is launched from the LMS
- If you change due dates in XYZ Homework, they will be enforced by XYZ Homework, but the due dates
in the LMS will not automatically be updated. However, there is a course setting to allow
Canvas to set the due dates in XYZ Homework.
- Any new items added in XYZ Homework, including new assessments, will not
automatically show up in the LMS; you would need to repeat the export/import process.
- If configured, grades will be sent from XYZ Homework to the LMS immediately
every time the student completes a question, but the LMS may delay updating the grade.